So our transportation series continued with air transportation this week. Lots of fun songs and activities for this one.
1. We changed up our parachute routine by holding onto the parachute and walking in a circle to play “Ring Around the Rocketship.”
ring around the rocketship
reach for a star
fall where you are
2. Music time with the help of our guitar player, Miss Krista, continues to be one of my favorite things each week. We did two airplane songs, “I’m a Little Airplane” (to the tune of I’m a little teapot) and “The Wings on the Airplane” (the to the tune of the Wheels on the Bus.)
I’m a little airplane, way up high,
With my great big silver wings, watch me fly!
When the pilot tells me, I’ll come down,
Swooping and gliding, to the ground.
The wings on the airplane glide through the air
The propellers on the airplane go round and round
The captain on the airplane says here we go
The attendants on the airplane say buckle your belt
3. I combined two ideas I saw on blogs into a fun color matching game with helicopters. I made helicopters out of an egg carton according to http://www.thecrafttrain.com/1/post/2013/05/egg-carton-mini-copters.html.
I created landing pads out of paper plates and construction paper. Each plate had a different color square on it. The kids flew the helicopters and landed them on the landing pad that was the same color as their helicopter. Unfortunately, I did not note the blog where I saw the landing pad idea.
4. We did a simple activity of flying paper airplanes. I made the planes ahead of time and just let the kids fly them. Good gross motor skill activity.
5. I still have the bubble I created awhile back according the instructions on http://www.playathomemomllc.com/2011/08/bubble-boy/ . This is always a big hit with the kids. Today, I described hot a hot air balloon starts flat and they use a blower to fill is up. I explained that hot air balloons are so big, I could not put one in my house, but that I had something that filled up in a similar way. We inflated the bubble and played inside with balloons.
And that’s this weeks fun with toddlers. Next week- water transportation!